Private In-home dinners: Your Personal Chef
Are you in the mood to entertain, but not cook? You choose the menu, and Chef Karen will manage the rest!
The concept is simple: You invite the guests to dinner, and Chef Karen does the cooking ~ in your home. Together, we plan the menu. Karen may advise wine pairing, if desired, to accompany the meal. Chef Karen takes care of everything ~ the shopping, prepping, cooking, serving, AND clean-up.
Whether for a casual buffet or a sit-down dinner, Chef Karen will assist you in making your event a beautiful and delicious lasting memory. In keeping with French tradition, guests will be served a 3-course menu comprised of: starter, main dish, and dessert.
What to expect: Karen will purchase the freshest, highest-quality ingredients, choosing among the best local suppliers. The day of the event, Karen will arrive at your home at least one hour in advance of your guests’ arrival to begin preparation. The meal will be prepared and served in a friendly, upbeat, and enthusiastic manner. In your kitchen, discretion is assured and a thorough clean-up after the meal guarantees your continued enjoyment of your guests. The interior of your home has become, for one evening, the unique and charming restaurant that you have always looked for.
Prices: The minimum charge for an in-home chef dinner is $400; beverages not included. The price is all-inclusive and covers shopping, ingredients, all culinary preparations, table service, and final clean-up of your kitchen, as well as driving expenses within a 30-minute radius of Eureka Springs. Gourmet menu includes premium priced ingredients such as beef tenderloin, and locally-raised meats. For off-site events beyond a 30-minute radius, there is a supplement of $50. For more than 10 guests, a trained server will be included for an additional price of $15 per hour. Should you wish to do so, you may instead opt to assist with serving.
Terms and Conditions
- Billing conditions: To reserve, 30% of the total bill will be required. The remainder of the bill must be paid the day of the event. The exact number of participants must be confirmed at least one week prior to the dinner. The final bill will be based on this number of confirmed participants.
- Making Your Reservation: Reservations for a Private In-Home Dinner must be placed at least two weeks prior to the dinner. In order to best satisfy your needs, it is recommended to reserve at the earliest possible date. In order to maintain high quality and freshness of proposed products, Karen maintains close contacts with local producers and suppliers, and thus reserves the right to modify the menu or certain selections depending upon availability and quality.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event of the cancellation of a Private In-Home Dinner, refund of the deposit will be calculated upon the following conditions:
- Cancellations up to one month before date of cooking event: 100% of deposit refundable
- Cancellations between 2-4 weeks before date of cooking event: 50% of deposit refundable
- Cancellations less than two weeks before date of cooking event: Deposit not refundable
In event of cancellation on the part of Cuisine Karen due to illness, accident, other personal trauma, or external hazard, you will be given the choice of a 100% refund of your deposit or to reschedule your Private In-Home Dinner.