Culinary Team Building at Cuisine Karen
The concept: Your group will be welcomed to the Provençal-style home of Patrice & Karen Gros in Eureka Springs, Arkansas where French Culinary Instructor, Karen Gros will guide and assist with the preparation of a 3-course seasonal menu. Together, you’ll prepare the meal from start to finish, set the table, present & serve the meal. Finally, you will contemplate and savor your creations during a sit-down luncheon. The meal concludes in the French style with a cup of coffee and square of dark chocolate served after dessert. Everyone then pitches in for a quick cleanup. Groups of up to 12 participants may be accommodated for a Culinary Team Building event.
Clear Spring School
Procter & Gamble
Wal-mart International Tax Division
The 1886 Crescent Hotel kitchen staff
What to expect: The Culinary Team Building event will take place at our in-home facility in Eureka Springs on a designated weekday, from 10:00am – 2:00pm. The timing allows for approximately 2.5 hours prep/cooking time and 1.5 hours of dining/social time; your group may stay on the premises until 3:00pm for additional enrichment activities, if desired (to be organized and facilitated by your group organizer). The program will begin with a brief, but important orientation, including safety lessons, use of equipment, and basic knife skills. The menu, as well as the sequence of events and timing of each dish, will be discussed. Freshly brewed coffee will be served, and teams will then begin preparation of the meal, employing their assigned tasks. Everyone will play an active role. Team members will find themselves chopping, sautéing, mincing, whipping, measuring, folding, preparing the table, and/or washing the dishes. When all is ready, relax together and enjoy the wonderful meal. In keeping with French tradition, your group will be served a 3-course menu comprised of: starter, main dish, and dessert. An optional wine pairing is offered and includes one glass of wine specifically chosen to complement the main dish.
How to proceed with booking: The first step is to contact Karen to select an available date. Karen will then send your group organizer several menu suggestions, as well as the Team Event Questionnaire (to be filled out by your group organizer) and the Team Cooking Questionnaire (to be filled out by each participant). The menu will be selected, based on input from the group organizer and/or individual participants. To confirm the reservation, a deposit of 30% of total payment must be made to Karen Gros. Note: Reservation and payment must be provided at least 2 weeks prior to event; menu must be chosen at least 10 days prior to event.
Preparing for your event: Prior to the event, your group organizer will have chosen a team leader or “chef de cuisine.” Your group organizer will return the completed Team Event Questionnaire and Team Cooking Questionnaires at least one week prior to event. Based on input from the questionnaires, Chef Karen will divide the participants into groups and assign each person a task, ensuring that everyone will have ample opportunity for “hands on” cooking, as well as to observe the details of each dish, and understand how the entire meal is prepped, cooked, presented and served.
Prices: The minimum charge for Culinary Team Building event is $800. The price is all-inclusive and covers shopping, ingredients, instruction, supervision and assistance, team development and task list, copies of recipes and instructions, a 3-course full portion menu with salad and freshly baked bread, a glass of wine & coffee. Karen purchases the freshest, highest-quality ingredients, choosing among the best local suppliers whenever possible.
Terms and Conditions
- Billing conditions: To reserve, 30% of the total bill will be required. The remainder of the bill must be paid the day of the event. The exact number of participants must be confirmed at least one week in advance of the cooking event. The final bill will be based on this number of confirmed participants.
- Making Your Reservation: Reservations for a Culinary Team Building event must be placed at least two weeks in advance of event. In order to best satisfy your needs, it is recommended to reserve at the earliest possible date. In order to maintain high quality and freshness of proposed products, Karen maintains close contacts with local producers and suppliers, and thus reserves the right to modify the menu or certain selections depending upon availability and quality.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event of the cancellation of a Culinary Team Building event, refund of the deposit will be calculated upon the following conditions:
- Cancellations up to one month before date of cooking event: 100% of deposit refundable
- Cancellations between 2-4 weeks before date of cooking event: 50% of deposit refundable
- Cancellations less than two weeks before date of cooking event: Deposit not refundable
In event of cancellation on the part of Cuisine Karen due to illness, accident, other personal trauma, or external hazard, you will be given the choice of a 100% refund of your deposit or to reschedule your Culinary Team Building event.